AKD-20 low-voltage switchgear is built to ANSI standards, its protection features include non-vented panels plus insulated and isolated bus, and it integrates our new state-of-the-art EntelliGuard* breaker-trip unit system. It also features an optimized footprint so that it now fits into a smaller area for the most common configurations.
EntelliGuard* G circuit breakers are the newest line of GE low-voltage circuit breakers, the next step in the evolution of a line known for its exceptional designs and performance. They are available from 800A to 5000A, with fault interruption ratings up to 200kAIC - without fuses.
Integral to the EntelliGuard G line are the new, state-of-the-art EntelliGuard TU Trip Units, which provide superior system protection, system reliability, monitoring and communications. The breaker-trip unit system delivers superior circuit protection without compromising either selectivity or arc flash protection.
The EntelliGuard breaker-trip unit system demonstrates yet again GE's core competencies in reliable electric power distribution, circuit protection and personnel protection.
AKD-20 includes many features that address the needs of system reliability, arc flash protection and reduced footprint size.
- Breaker compartment doors have no ventilation openings, thus protecting operators from hot ionized gases vented by the breaker during circuit interruption.
- An easy-to-read metal instrument panel above each circuit breaker holds a variety of control circuit devices
- Each circuit breaker is located in a completely enclosed ventilated compartment with grounded steel barriers to minimize the possibility of fault communication between compartments
- Optional safety shutters protect operators from accidental contact with live conductors when the breaker is withdrawn
- All EntelliGuard G circuit breakers are equipped with rollers and a guidebar to provide easy and accurate drawout operation
- An array of safety interlock and padlocking features are available to accommodate any type of lockout-tagout procedure a customer may have